Microlight Flights from Aviators Paradise at the Magaliesburg
Take a beautiful Magaliesburg scenic flight from just north of the Hartbeespoort Dam, the pilot will fly you along the Magaliesburg ridge (these mountains are amongst the oldest in the world, almost 100 times older than Mount Everest) and also see Hartbeespoort dam in the background.
Flights are conducted in an Airborne Edge Microlight with the passenger sitting in tandem behind the pilot and has an almost 300 degree view of the amazing scenery.
In the Aquilla [Open Cockpit]
30 Minutes: R 1 080.00 per person
60 Minutes: R 2 160.00 per person
Microlight Flights – The important Stuff
- What to wear: Comfortable clothing, takkies. Warm clothing in winter, even a beany, it can get really cold up there!
- How many in one aircraft: Two, you and the pilot.
- Is there an age limit? 12 is the youngest age.
- Is there a weight limit? Yes, 100 kgs.
HOT AIR BALLOONING
Launching from either Clarens, The Cradle, The Magaliesburg, or Parys the views are so different.
Magaliesburg: Take a beautiful Magaliesburg scenic flight from the river valley
R 2795 per person
Clarens: the Maluti mountains dominate the landscape, glowing red in the morning sun.
R 2750 per person.
Parys: you can fly over the amazing Vredefort Dome the largest crater in the world.
R 2450 per person.
Ballooning-The important Stuff
- When: Sparrows, all the flights are at dawn so think about staying over somewhere.
- How many in one basket: From 3 to 9 (including the pilot, he really needs to be there!)
- How far in advance do I need to book? As much as possible, at least two weeks.
- Is there an age limit? Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult, no children under 4 unless an exclusive family package.
- Is there a weight limit? 125 kg
After a 20 minute briefing on the tandem skydive, you will accompany a qualified Tandem Master (TM) to 8000 feet above the ground. Then, using tandem skydiving equipment designed to carry you both, exit the aircraft and experience about 30 seconds of exhilarating and extraordinary free-fall tandem skydiving, after which the Tandem Master will deploy the canopy and do the canopy checks. You can then assist the Tandem Master in flying and landing the canopy, or leave it all to him and just enjoy the skydiving experience. The tandem skydive flight will last 5 – 7 minutes.
Rustenburg or Vaal Dam
- Weekends: R 2 420.00 per person
- Week Days: R 2 900.00 per person
Tandem Skydive – The important Stuff
- Where from: From Rustenburg or the Vaal Dam
- What to wear: Comfortable clothing, takkies not with hook type laces. (Getting those caught in the canopy will really spoil your day!)
- Is there an age limit? 16 is the youngest and if you are under 21 you need your guardians signature. If you are over 40 you need to state your medical fitness.
- Is there a weight limit? Yes, 100kgs.
TANDEM HANG GLIDING
The hang gliding club offers an experience of free flight above the mountains of the Magaliesburg with views of the Hartebeespoort dam in the distance. Often thermal flights are experienced as the ground heats and thermals are generated influencing the wing to climb higher and stay airborne for longer periods. The average flight is about 25 minutes.
The experience is called aero-towing whereby the hang glider is towed up by a microlight to a height of approximately 700 metres after which the free flight commences. There is a maximum weight of 95kg’s.
R 1 600 per person